February 4, 2011

Pass The Pastels, and Pour The Wine

My best friend, Claude... The Dog Bounty Hunter (A nick-name bestowed upon him by my Step-Father) was given said nick-name when he flew to Denver to drive back to Alabama with me. It has a ring to it, this I can admit, but it does cause a bit of alarm in my book.  Am I the convict on the run?
Moving along, Claude and I signed up for this art class at the art museum for Thursday nights.  Divulging the truth here, the title is what caught my eye. "Sip N Sketch" If only my art teacher in high school had supplied us with wine, I undoubtedly would have been an A+ student.
   
It was a very therapeutic evening. Claude "The Dog Bounty Hunter" is a natural born artist, and has some pretty amazing work.  Once I unshackled my intimidation of the other students, I picked up those pastels and found my muse amongst the still life table
Edvard Munch's The Scream

Buckling down
And letting the pastel chalk do its 'thang. 
Once the Bounty Hunter found his still life muse
Borrowing my 9th grade math teacher's mantra when he needed me back in my own seat, Claude "focused like a laser" 
I'll just go ahead and toot both of our horns. I see frames in the near future of these masterpiece's lives.
 
    

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyable coordination, Tiffany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine, mine, mine - out of the blue period and into the Colonial period!

    ReplyDelete