January 24, 2011

My Bohemia

And so off I went, fists thrust in the torn pockets
Of a coat held together by no more than it's name.
O Muse, how I served you beneath the blue;
And oh what dreams of dazzling love I dreamed!

My only pair of pants had a huge hole.
-like some dreaming Thom Thumb, I sowed
Rhyme with each step. My inn was the Big Dipper.
-My stars rustled in the sky.

Roadside on warm September nights
I listened as drops of dew fell
On my forehead like fortifying wine;

And there, surrounded by streaming shadows, I rhymed
Aloud, and as if they were lyres, plucked the laces
Of my wounded shoes, one foot beneath my heart.

- Arthur Rimbaud

1 comment:

  1. What a great poem, Tiffany! That is the first Rimbauld that I have ever read, so I will be going back for more.

    ReplyDelete