October 13, 2010

To Barry or not to Berry?

 Spending the day in the library one narcissistic afternoon, I decided it more beneficial to work on perfecting my signature, opposed to focusing on boring statistics homework. Revamping my autograph, I added a B, signifying my middle name for a touch of style. My inquisitive pal looked down at her notebook as I am incessantly scribbling my new and improved signature onto her personal belongings, asks "Is your middle name Barry?"  Images instantaneously blazed through my mind... did she mean

Berry as in:                    or????              Barry as in:                  

 Did I come across as the sort of person that appeared to be raised by folks whom, depending on its spelling, thought it suitable to send me into this world with a middle name attached to either of these images? Not sure which angle she was coming from but afraid to ask, I responded with the only appropriate response "Nope it's Breann." Deciding after all, it was her property, and a girl's gotta' right to questions, I put my energy into statistics. Leaving the library later that day my friend kindly reminded me "Tiffany Berry- don't forget your cell phone on the table." Turning around as if she had said my actual name,  I was a bit caught off guard at the 'ring my new name had to it.  (Selecting the fruit vs. the 60's soul singer version) 


3 comments:

  1. I agree, Tiffany Berry does have a ring to it. Perhaps also the quality of staying in the mind for a longer period of time than just your first name alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides, I like the fact that you can be BERRY DELICIOUS and BERRY SAD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And this had better not be "all she wrote"...

    ReplyDelete