October 24, 2010

Heartbreak-hotel.

After one grueling heartbreak- I found myself in one of my best friend's closets.  Mallory . She had the brightest colors and the oddest patterns of clothes one could imagine.  As I stood there letting her clothes run against my heartbroken fingertips, in admiration of all the colors and patterns, it became apparent:  we MUST wear these clothes out tonight, in any fashion possible.

Mallory- I exclaimed:  "How's about... you wear any outfit I see fit, for tonight. And you can return the favor."

She agreed.



And never once questioned my motives.  But instead returned the favor



The 3D glasses, I may have added for a hint of flare. 

Leaving her house that night- we decided on new names, and a new motive.  Mary and Julie, just two palm readers lookin' for a banjo player.  

We arrived at the honky tonk bar in lower alabamer- and proceeded with our new found names, and decided to try our fortune seeing abilities out:  "We see a lot of hamsters in your near future" - "You must buy plenty of cages" ( We didn't want to completely scare the locals... just get them invested in cages for their lottery of hamsters)  and so the night lifted my spirits and so did the words of  Mallory's Grandmother she once spoke to her:  

"Wear bright colors. get out there on the highway and they will let you pay your bills." 


So in hopes that Mallory's Maw-Maw was correct: Hello meet Mary and Julie: May we tell your fortune?  I need to pay my bills!









5 comments:

  1. this night will go down in history. and i am not afraid to repeat it. again and again. that is, until all my bills are paid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun night, I wish I was with you.. it reminded me of my 30th birthday ( for a surprise... my sisters met me at a 60's diner all dressed up in the 60's and had wigs glasses, I didn't know who they at all... it was funny, they all rushed to my table that I was sitting at, and it scared me until I realized those crazy women were taking me out for the night.. actually over night.. it was a blast, my favorite birthday for sure..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty flashy scene, Tiffany. Some wild clothes and a good time.Maw Maw's advice is timeless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun - and what a great idea. I must say, though, Maw-Maw's advice seem to hint that her past was a great deal more lively than anyone - or the law - imagined...

    ReplyDelete