April 14, 2011

Are you still on the stoop?

Watching the windows close...

I would insert the saddest picture of myself on the stoop of my old apartment, the day I was leaving. But I will save the dramatics for a later date and time. This song has found me writing to stoops, street lights, and brighter futures.  A wise soul let me know today that "everyone has a choice, and choice is power" Well I've removed myself from that stoop once upon a time, and I have the strength to continue to do so. If my brain continues to revisit it from time to time, it just reminds me of how strong I am- and hopefully will continue to be.  I'd rather focus on that favorite day by the seaside. 

3 comments:

  1. In "Bud, Not Buddy" the narrator often quotes his grandmother, "For every door that closes, another open opens." Iron and Wine's name remind me of a line from an Albee play, "Love is a slap and a kiss." I believe you are on the right track Tiffany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another song I love - if you close your eyes you can see the waves lapping. Tiffany, you do have power. You have an affect on everyone you meet with your passion for life and gentleness of spirit. Go gettem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now a cross-country road trip under your belt...(I've definitely been sensing a trend towards sea-related songs. Maybe you should tackle them next!)

    ReplyDelete